Beyoncé continues to leave her mark on the world through her inspiring career, lifestyle and her passion for gender equality. The artist who associates herself with the Feminism movement believes that self-expression and empowering women is crucial to creating equality between the sexes. As a mother, career woman, fashion icon, inspiration and advocate of humanitarian causes, Beyoncé has proven the power of women being empowered. To celebrate Beyoncé’s birthday today, September 4, here are some of the divas inspiring quotes from songs as beyond.
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
- “I felt like it was time to set up my future, so I set a goal. My goal was independence.”
- ‘We have to teach our boys the rules of equality and respect, so that as they grow up gender equality becomes a natural way of life. And we have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.’
- We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.’
- ‘I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.’
- We need to stop buying into the myth about gender equality. It isn’t a reality yet. Today, women make up half of the U.S. workforce, but the average working woman earns only 77 percent of what the average working man makes. But unless women and men both say this is unacceptable, things will not change. Men have to demand that their wives, daughters, mothers, and sisters earn more—commensurate with their qualifications and not their gender. Equality will be achieved when men and women are granted equal pay and equal respect.”
- “This goes out to all the women getting it in,You’re on your grind.To other men that respect what I do. Please accept my shine, Boy I know you love it, How we’re smart enough to make these millions strong enough to bear the children, Then get back to business” –Run the World.
It is time that men and women to have equality, it is time for both sexes to run the world! Just remember you have just as many hours in the day as Beyoncé so aim to achieve greatness.
Empower. Inspire. Change